HI Alexandre,

On 4 February 2015 at 13:23, Alexandre Vaillancourt <
alexandre.vaillancourt.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been told that objects that were casting shadow were automatically
> set to receive shadows as well, and that it was an implementation
> constraint that was not avoidable.
>
> Has this constraint been resolved, making it so that if we want an object
> to cast and receive shadows we have to set both mask explicitly (not only
> "cast")?

This will depend upon the ShadowTechnique being used.  I don't recall the
which ones have what constraints though, been a couple of years since I've
worked on osgShadow.

I'm trying to figure out issues that seemed to have appeared after from
> upgrading from 3.1.1 to 3.2.0 but I can't figure out what went wrong. (Some
> objects went missing from sight.)

There are too few details for us to be able to guess what might be wrong.
We don't know what shadow technique you are using, the data you are working
with, what types of objects are going missing, what platform/hardware you
are working on.