Hi Andrew,

Under 64 bit linux I'm getting 1.4 Gb used for all plugins and examples, and 1.2 is bigger than 1.0... So it would seem VS is pretty hungry.

The Win32 binaries aren't so bad, in order of 20Mb for everything.

One solution for you is to not build everything.  VS isn't very good to selecting sets of plugins/examples to compile by default, perhaps once we move to CMake we'll be able to get it provide us with usage profiles, and build what users need, rather than everything - the OSG has lots of seperate plugins and examples, most of which most users won't need, other than for occasional reference.

Robert.