On further investigation it looks like the constructor of the global

osgDB::RegisterReaderWriterProxy<ReaderWriterDAE> g_readerWriter_DAE_Proxy;

in ReaderWriterDAE.cpp

is being called before the constructor of the static

daeStringTable daeStringRef::_stringTable;

in daestringref.cpp

>From memory the only way you force ordering of global initialisation in C++
it to put them in the same file. But I tried this and it did not work :-(.

Roger