Mm, it SOUNDS good.
IF you check the value, its actually 1 most of the times.

I added the code into RenderSurface_Win32.cpp

case WM_KEYDOWN:
       {
           int mask = 15;
           int repeat = lParam&mask;
           std::cerr << "Repeat: " << repeat << std::endl;

When running a producer based app while pressing a key down, I get:

Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 2
Repeat: 2
Repeat: 2
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1
Repeat: 1

So it looks like the repeat info we get is something else, anyway, its
nothing that helps here.

On the other hand, its actually bit 30 that is interesting, it
specifies wether the key comes from a up or a down state previously.
So in a perfect world we could do:

if (!getAutoRepeatMode() && (lParam & (1 << 30)))
 break;

The problem is that this code is in RenderSurface, and it knows
nothing about KeyboardMouse...

So Don, what can be done about it?

(sorry, I should have posted this on the Producer mailing-list, but
its a 3, closing into 4 year old OSG-topic, so I thought it should get
its final closure here to ;-)

/Anders

On 11/13/06, Chris Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Anders Backman wrote:
> Guess if I was happy to find the setAutoRepeat(bool) method in
> Producer/KeyboardMouse
> Equally sad when I spotted the implementation: setAutoRepeat(bool flag) {}
> I mean there is a vad way of solving it outside producer/osgProducer
> by creating a std::map<> and store all the keyboard events to see if
> they have changed or not.
> But I dont want to implement this just to find that a better solution
> is already in the pipeline...

   Under Windows, both WM_CHAR and WM_KEYDOWN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/keyboardinput/keyboardinputreference/keyboardinputmessages/wm_char.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/keyboardinput/keyboardinputreference/keyboardinputmessages/wm_char.asp

   offer a value masked into bits 0-15 of the lParam of the message event. I
expect the
Producer event handling could check this value and the state of an internal
AutoRepeat
variable (controlled by setAutoRepeat()) and discard repeated events.

   I don't know anything special about Producer, this is just how I see it.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson aka Eric Hammil | http://www.3DNature.com/ eric at logrus
  "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs,