I'm still having these issues.

It's not related to font resolution, I tried the exact settings of osgText
examples, the issue is about aliasing.
In the first post of this thread there are 2 screenshots, it's clear how
black arrows (it's a character) are blocky and also the 'a' - for example -
is aliased bad.
In the osgText examples instead (screenshot attachment "osgtext.gif") they
are smooth, well antialiased.

So I tried enabling lots of stateset GL modes, but none worked... still
having "blocky" and bad fonts....

How can I solve this?

--
Bruno

On 2/6/07, Robert Osfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 2/6/07, Robert Osfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> The clue to the solution is in the line:
>
>    Label.get()->setFontResolution(40,40);

Forgot to mention, ref_ptr is a smart pointer, you can often treat it
just like a normal C pointer so the above doesn't need the get() to
return a C pointer, the following works just fine:

   label->setFontResolution(40,40);