On 5/8/07, Robert Osfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Harash,

On 5/8/07, Harash Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     As you had suggested, I tried creating the
> osgViewer::CompositeViewer object and to it attached the osgViewer::View.
> Further, as shown in osgMultipleCameras example, the traits structure was
> filled accordingly. The problem I am now facing is how to attach the MFC
> Window to the GraphicsContext / osgViewer. OSGMFC achieved this by
> passing the window handle using GetSafeHwnd() to Producer::RenderSurface.
> But I could not locate a mechanism of passing any such information to the
> osgViewer::View or CompositeViewer or Viewer. One
> Win32WindowingSystemInterface class  I could locate, but there too I could
> not find a way out.

I don't have the code to hand, but if your browse through the  osg-users
email archives for the last week you'll see how to use the
osg::GraphicsContext::Traits::inheritedWindowData  set to
osgViewer::GraphicsWindowWin32::WindowData(hwnd)  to tell the viewer to
realize a window adopting the passed in window.  The approach is roughly the
same as done in Producer::RenderSurface previous, only the architecture is a
bit different in osgViewer.

Should it be possible to add a setWindowHandle (or setWindow like in
RenderSurface) to facilitate it ? It does not exist yet because anybody has
done it or is there another reason ?

--
Serge Lages
http://www.magrathea-engine.org