Hello,

With this I am not able to help you - this is some kind of
Windows/Visual C++ specific mess. It is complaining that the std::string
classes are being linked twice somehow.

Perhaps some of the Windows developers here could help?

That normally happens when the project and some library linked into it are built with different versions of the runtime library. In this case, I would wager that the OpenVRML library and the OSG libs are linked using the Multi-threaded [debug or not] DLL runtime, and the application is linked using the Multi-threaded runtime (not DLL). That would cause multiple-definition problems, and the hint is the "warning: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs" message...

You can change the runtime you link to in the project properties, C/C++, Code Generation page, under Runtime Library. Normally you should always link to the DLL versions (either debug or not, depending on the configuration you selected).

For reference, this is the mapping of libs to Runtime Library options:
Multi-Threaded : LIBCMT
Multi-Threaded debug : LIBCMTD
Multi-Threaded DLL : MSVCRT
Multi-Threaded debug DLL : MSVCRTD

Normally you should always use the MSVCRT[D] options, and this is the default when you compile OSG too.

Good luck,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        http://whitestar02.webhop.org/