Robert Osfield wrote:

Given this functionality you then have to limit how far the scope of a
single clip plane goes, the OSG by default limits it to the current
render stage.  You can do this programmatically by creating a
RenderStage in the cull traversal.

Hmmm, Had a brief look in the osgexamples for this kind of thing and didn't get a clear example of how to do this, but I'll keep researching (bit new to osg being an old school Performer programmer!)

Another option I just though about is to use glScissor rather than clipplanes as all the stuff I'm clipping is in a 2d overlay, am I going to run into the same issue with glScissor as with glClipplanes in that they are defined per RenderStage?

thanks

Nigel