Hi Andy,

Are you build OpenThreads from within the OSG build?

FYI, I haven't removed the old GNUmakefile and VisualStudio files from
OpenThreads, I'm rather more cautious about doing this than I am with
the OSG, while I am the now effectively  the project lead OpenThreads,
its more out of lack of anyone else taking responsibility for it than
a formal adoption...

It probably is time to get rid of the old build system elements within
OpenThreads, it not as capable as the new one and can cause confusion.
The problems you are trying to resolve right now might not having
anything to do with the old project files, but its just having them
around will make you think twice about whether they still have some
influence.

Robert.