This list is for discussing any OSGi technical topic including spec issues
and general programming for OSGi (i.e. bundle development).

Questions about specific OSGi implementations would be better asked in the
implementations' mail lists.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: +1 407 849 9117 Mobile: +1 386 848 3788

"Richard S. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Please respond to
OSGi Developer Mail List <osgi-dev@bundles.osgi.org>

Yann Dolbeau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
OSGi Developer Mail List <osgi-dev@bundles.osgi.org>, cavel alexis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject
Re: [osgi-dev] OSGI for residential gateway

Well, I won't claim to be the content police for this list, so others
are free to correct me. It was my understanding that this list was for
higher-level issues than bundle development. Personally, I don't mind
talking about bundle development, since I do it all the time anyway. :-)

-> richard

Yann Dolbeau wrote:
> Hello Mr Hall,
>
> Actually, I put this request here on demand of Mr Peter Kriens so he
> could answer/give me some information about the OSGi but I didn't know
> it was reserved for the spec details.
> I just wanted to know for example how to develop a bundle or how to
> make the platform work without having it on my laptop...
>
> I'm going to see what's happening on the Oscar mailing list...
>
> See you
>
> 2006/3/24, Richard S. Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:
>
>     I am not sure this is the best mailing list for your request...the
>     osgi-dev mailing list is intended to be about spec issues.
>
>     If you want to discuss Oscar, you should probably use the Oscar
>     mailing
>     list...
>
>     -> richard
>
>     Yann Dolbeau wrote:
>     >
>     > I would like to work with another student on our final project
>     of our
>     > engineering school based on OSGI technology. It will be done in
>     China
>     > from February to June 2006 at Beijing University of Technology (
>     > http://www.bjpu.edu.cn < http://www.bjpu.edu.cn/> ).
>     >
>     > Students at Ecole Centrale d'Electronique of Paris, we would like
>     > associate this project with one of your research on services
>     based on
>     > the OSGI technology if this is possible or just have useful
>     > information (how to start developping services with Oscar for
>     example)
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > We are fully willing to answer your questions.
>     >
>     >
>     > PS: We suceeded in lauching Oscar and to run some services as
>     the GUI
>     > interface or the HTTP web access but One of our big question is :
In