Bundles are automatically resolved sometime before they are started, but
it depends on the framework precisely when this happens. There is no way
to explicitly resolve a bundle other than trying to start it. In some
cases you might only want to resolve the bundle, but not start it, so
this new method makes that possible.

Ultimately, it is exposing a life cycle method that was previously hidden.

-> richard