But a bundle does not need to be resolved at installation and probably
shouldn't be.

For example if you are installing an application consisting of several
bundles, you will need to get all the bundles installed before you try to
resolve any of them since they may have package dependencies amongst
themselves.

A framework implementation is free to resolve a bundle at any time after
installation and before starting. The resolveBundles methods can be used
to force a bundle or bundles to be resolved upon request.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: +1 407 849 9117 Mobile: +1 386 848 3788

kiran bharadwaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
06/21/2006 12:30 AM
Please respond to
OSGi Developer Mail List <osgi-dev@bundles.osgi.org>

osgi-dev@bundles.osgi.org
cc

Subject
Re: [osgi-dev] Query on resolving

          If a bundle is automatically getting resolved when it is
installed, then no need arises for this method. I am not saying resolving
while starting, but resolving while installing. If resolution happens at
the time of installation itself then there is no need for explicit methods
like resolveBundles(). I still didnt understand who is going to use this
method.

Regards,
Kiran Bharadwaj

 Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just
osgi-dev mailing list
osgi-dev@bundles.osgi.org