> On 8 Mar 2017, at 11:37, rama.g <ram...@utthunga.com> wrote:
> Dear Peterus
> We discarded OSGI enroute, decided to go with OSGI framework.
Well, OSGi enRoute IS an OSGi framework, there is nothing specia? OSGi enRoute
just collects best practices but is nothing but a normal OSGi framework with
open source bundles.

> We created plugins related to both backend (RESR APIS) and front end (angular
> JS static files) are bundled using OSGI framework. UI components are bundled
> separately.
So what is the difference? This is exactly the OSGi model?

> Using HTTP services we are able to register resources like HTML/JS/CSS static
> files in the main application. When a second plugin (which has static files
> same structure as that of main application) is created, we are unable to
> invoke the static files using localhost, getting 404 error
Why? I’ve seen applications with multiple bundles providing resources.

The OSGi enRoute supports a bundle that maps the static directory to the local
web server using the extender pattern. It allows overlapping directories with
different resources, it will merge them. Except for the caching and compression
that it does this is quite a simple mechanism. It clearly works in setups with
different static resource providers. It would be nice if you could find out why
you get a 404. In the case that it is really something in OSGi enRoute, which I
find very unlikely, then we could at least fix it?

A bit puzzled? Kind regards,

        Peter Kriens