From: Peter Kirschner via osgi-dev <osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org>
Sent by: osgi-dev-boun...@mail.osgi.org
To: "osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org" <osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [osgi-dev] (no subject)
Date: Tue, Apr 14, 2020 06:12

Hi everybody,

I have a few questions  about the future handling of JRE topics with OSGi

1. Will there be updates on the osgi.ee capability/profile for the Bundle-RequiredExecution environment.

The latest profile available is JavaSE-9 https://www.osgi.org/developer/specifications/reference/

In the past there were ee.j2se profiles, which I found brilliant to have a JRE capability set. Due to the JRE legal issues this was not feasible in between. With current open jdk it would be again possible and allow to have a complete req/cap resolvement.

2. Is there an official guide or best-practice, how to use post java 9 runtimes with OSGi frameworks?

3. Is Equinox still the reference implementation? When is an update planned?

https://download.eclipse.org/equinox/drops/S-4.16M1-202004090200/download.php?dropFile=org.eclipse.osgi_3.15.300.v20200401-2046.jar

kind regards,

Peter