http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m12209
<http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m12209&l=i&size=1&hd=0> &l=i&size=1&hd=0

The al-Qaeda Organization for Holy War in Iraq Melodrama

Kurt Nimmo, Another Day in the Empire

May 30, 2005

Like soap opera characters who tell us every excruciating detail of their
personal lives, we are invited to tune in on the continuing saga, presented
in yet another installment (via the internet), of Osama bin Laden and Abu
Musab al-Zarqawi story.

"Al-Qaeda's leader in Iraq Abu Musab al-Zarqawi said he was 'lightly'
wounded but still battling alongside his fighters in Iraq, in a voice
message attributed to him posted Monday on the Internet," reports Forbes (
http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/afx/2005/05/30/afx2064236.h
<http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/afx/2005/05/30/afx2064236.html>
tml ). "It was not possible to verify the authenticity of the statement,
which comes after a series of sometimes conflicting messages about the
health of the Jordanian-born extremist and his role in the insurgency."

Presently "authenticity" is not a required ingredient since we are so
riveted to this evolving (and, not unlike a soap opera, wholly predictable)
potboiler.

"I am currently with my brothers and my people in the land of Mesopotamia,
where I am participating in combats against the Crusaders and the enemies of
religion," declared the "voice," said to be al-Zarqawi, although certainty
is left twisting in the wind like the end of a weekly run of Days of Our
Lives (be sure to tune in next week).

And like a soap opera, the Abu Musab al-Zarqawi storyline is no stranger to
outlandishness. For instance, over the weekend, it was said al-Zarqawi was
in Iran (either with or without the permission of Iran's mullahs, who have
no use for a Sunni claiming to hate Shi'as and is said to have killed a tidy
number of them in Iraq) and then suddenly forty eight hours later the
mercurial one shows up in Baghdad to micromanage "a response to a security
push launched by Iraqi forces against rebels in Baghdad that resulted in a
string of bombings at the weekend," as Forbes would have it. Abu may be of
sub-standard intelligence, but he gets around, seemingly evades checkpoints
and military patrols with ease, and possesses a super-human ability to heal
his wounds (only days ago, al-Zarqawi's injuries were life-threatening, now
they are described as "light," sustained as he engaged in combat with the
infidels). "I think news has reached your ears through the media that I was
seriously wounded. I would like to assure you and assure Muslims that these
are baseless rumors and that my wounds are minor," confessed Osama bin
Laden's right-hand man in Iraq.

Like passive soap opera fans, we (or many of us) unquestioningly digest the
absurd and often cartoonish Abu Musab al-Zarqawi storyline, either refusing
or unable to question the inconsistencies and speciousness of it. And this
is precisely what Bush and Crew want-to distract us from reality (and the
reality is the United States cannot defeat the resistance in Iraq) and fill
up our heads with fantastic stories, especially when lurid facts (soldiers
killed when a helicopter is shot down near Baquba) and blunders (the
embarrassing arrest Mohsen Abdul-Halim) make Iraq out to be something other
than the United States wants us to believe it is.

DonorsChoose. A simple way to provide underprivileged children resources
often lacking in public schools. Fund a student project in NYC/NC today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EHLuJD/.WnJAA/cUmLAA/TySplB/TM