Good advice...doubt that the State Dept would let the President follow it
though.

Bruce

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44627

Tuesday, June 7, 2005
WAR ON TERROR
Bush urged: 'Never apologize' to Muslims
Administration officials reportedly inspired by classic John Wayne movie

---------------------------------
1:00 a.m. Eastern

---------------------------------
©  2000 WorldNetDaily.com-->© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com
Some members of the Bush administration have taken a cue from a classic John
Wayne Western and are advising their boss to take the film's advice – "Never
apologize" – when dealing with Muslims, reports geopolitical analysts Jack
Wheeler.
In a column on his intelligence website, To the Point, Wheeler explains
Wayne's "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon," made in 1948, though lesser known than
many of the star's films, includes what's been called one of the top 100
movie quotes of all time.

Wayne's character, Capt. Nathan Brittles, who is facing an Indian attack,
advises a junior officer: "Never apologize, son. It's a sign of weakness."
It's that attitude that some employees of the Pentagon, State Department and
White House are urging President Bush to take when dealing with charges of
Quran desecration and other allegations from radical Muslims. They've even
sent a DVD copy of the film to the commander in chief.
"Their numbers are small," explains Wheeler, "but they are seriously sick
and tired of squishing-out to the hadjis (the nickname our soldiers give the
Muslim terrorists in Iraq and their sympathizers – pronounced 'hah-geez,'
referring to the Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca called the hadj). These
sympathizers now include not just rioters on Pakistani streets but Newsweek
magazine and Amnesty International.
"'The more we kiss the hadjis' tushes, the more they denounce us and the
less they respect us,' one of them told me. 'Just take a look at the DOD's
procedures for the handling and inspecting of detainee Korans . You won't
believe how impossibly respectful and careful they are. What good does this
do us? All we get is lies, lawsuits and riots in return.'"
Wheeler says the goal of the John Wayne aficionados is to eliminate any
"We're sorry" message in State Department cables and communiqués, National
Security Council analyses, and Pentagon press briefings – "and inserting in
their place, however subtly worded in diplo-speak, the message: 'If you
don't like it, stuff it.'"
In his column, Wheeler quotes from a message the anti-apology staffers would
like to see in a future Bush speech:
I want to make it very clear that neither this administration nor the
American military nor the American people owe an apology whatsoever to the
religion of Islam and its believers. The American people have every right to
take enormous pride in the respect which our military treats believers in
Islam, and in the fact that the American military is not just the most
powerful but the most humanitarian fighting force in the history of
humankind. It is the Islamic terrorists and their followers who owe us an
apology for making war on us, and owe an apology to their fellow believers
in Islam for making war on them.
Writes Wheeler: "So cross your fingers he takes the movie and the message to
heart. The day the president of the United States announces that Muslims owe
an apology to us and not the other way around will be the day we truly begin
to win this war."

Give underprivileged students the materials they need to learn.
Bring education to life by funding a specific classroom project.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/FHLuJD/_WnJAA/cUmLAA/TySplB/TM