<http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/CFP-subscriptions/>  | Print friendly
<http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/print-friendly/37153>  | Email Us
<mailto:lett...@canadafreepress.com?subject=Dear%20Canada%20Free%20Press>

 - Judi McLeod  Thursday, June 2, 2011

imageObama for America Campaign Manager Jim Messina's "matched by a real
person" big grassroots MATCH rally cry went over America like the proverbial
lead balloon yesterday.

It must have because here
<http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/37154>  is President Barack
Obama himself taking over the lead in the Grassroots MATCH Campaign today.

"Someone is about to tap you on the shoulder," Obama writes on an email,
subject line of which "Someone you don't know" was sent out into cyberspace
today.

Being about to be tapped on the shoulder by "someone you don't know" is
likely the most truthful thing Obama has ever said.

"Someone is about to tap you on the shoulder.

"It's someone who's already made a donation to the 2012 campaign-and who's
willing to give again if you'll step up and take ownership of it, too.

"They've made a promise to match your first donation to this campaign, so if
you decide to give $5 now, you'll double your impact," Obama wrote on his
email to the masses.

And for 'po' folk who think it's tacky being tapped on the shoulder by the
same someone who promised new kitchens and full gas tanks from the Obama
"stash", is the arrogant explanation that "We didn't get this far by doing
things the usual way".

The Pocket Messiah sure got that one right.

"Our campaign doesn't take money from Washington lobbyists or
special-interest PACs," Obama claims.

"We're not just gathering donations here.  We're gathering people."

In an identity-theft world where some will have to wait for the IRS to sort
out whether they or the identity thieves should get this year's income tax
returns, Messina who introduced the Grassroots MATCH yesterday came along to
open up the ripoff field.

"Your gift will be matched by a real person.  You'll be able to see their
name and town, and even exchange a message with them. (Italics CFP's).
Right now there are thousands of folks waiting to match whatever amount you
decide to give."

$5 is a small price to pay for the invasion of privacy.

Giving your all-including your online identity-is what the Obama campaign
wants for you.

What's your measly identity when you can raise one billion dollars?

You don't need your identity.  After all, Obama didn't need his.

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.