The week began with a vote on a clean raising of the debt limit which had
been requested from the President, Secretary of the Treasury, and some 100
House Democrats. The measure failed considerably and did not even garner 100
House Democrats to support it. The following day we had our House GOP
Conference "field trip" to the White House, because that is exactly what it
ended up being. What I witnessed was quite disturbing: a rigid ideological
President who does not realize his fiscal policies are failing -- and he has
no plan.

I am very concerned about the carbon footprint of having five buses of 240
House GOP members going to the White House. Seems to me the opposite would
have been far more prudent, with the President instead coming to Capitol
Hill.

The following day, the Secretary of the Treasury, Timothy Geithner, came to
visit the House GOP Freshman and indeed it was yet another wasted trip. In
just eight short minutes, the Treasury Secretary assured me that he does not
have a clue when it comes to enacting spending cuts and spending control
measures as part of the revitalization of our fiscal and economic policies,
including mandatory spending reforms, which the President stated he agreed
on Wednesday.

It would seem that after Friday's abysmal jobs report numbers, which
included half of the reported job growth coming from McDonald's (a recipient
of an Obamacare waiver, by the way), one would think there would be a change
in course. Nah, just dig in your heels, and follow the same failed policies.
We have seen a 40% increase in Americans on food stamps since the President
took the oath of office. Gasoline prices have gone from around $1.89 a
gallon to close to $4 on average for regular unleaded.

There are three critical aspects which we must rectify. First, we must
restore confidence with our job creators and consumers. Second, we must
ensure the proper amount of regulation, providing access to capital for our
small business owners. Lastly, we must provide certainty for the private
sector and investors to create long term viable and sustainable economic and
job growth.

The other point of order I wish to address is the so-called "Arab Spring" -
truly a "Muslim Brotherhood Nightmare." Those who view the events across
North Africa and the Middle East with Western rose-colored glasses are
completely misreading the situation. The goal of the Brotherhood has always
been to restore an Islamic Caliphate, a borderless empire which shall be
ruled by one leader. They have no respect for the secular leadership,
autocratic, despotic dictators which permeate this region. However, under
the guise of "Democracy" and dare I say it, "Change" they are toppling these
regimes one by one - and we have no competent understanding of who shall
fill the void.

One need only look back in history when the same occurred in Iran and we all
witnessed, and continue to witness, the revitalization of the 7th century
radical Islamic state model under the guidance of theocrats. Under this
guidance we have seen the resurgence of Islamic terrorism, state sponsored
from this very same Iran.

There is no Arab Spring, but there is an Islamic mystery as to who shall not
only fill the void in these countries, but where shall the seat of power for
this 21st Century Caliphate be established? Iran or Turkey?

Libya is falling apart, and I shall not support our President's violation of
our law, the War Powers Act of 1973. The leader of Yemen has departed and we
know that is where al-Alawi has found refuge.

Most troubling, thanks to the President's foreign policy faux pas statement,
is that we now see the "Palestinians" threatening a direct move to the
United Nations for declaration of a state, as they confront Israel along the
1967 borders. Please read my Extension of Remarks here.
<http://email.address-verify.com/q/RKBHzaPFYJuNFK2QYg7ESd1S4PmiuVuZ9euhwmLhO
9W_aEyGrdQkA8elQ>

Let us never forget that the armies of several Arab nations, were the
belligerents in 1967 - and they lost. Israel shall not return to those
borders which shall result in their demise. If we want peace in that region,
we need a willing peace partner. Mahmoud Abbas and Fatah entering into a
reconciliation pact with Hamas, facilitated by Egypt, is not what I call a
willing gesture for peace and recognition of the modern day State of Israel.

Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-os...@yahoogroups.com.