From: Harrison Owen
To: osl...@listserv.boisestate.edu
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 7:23 AM
Subject: Re: AW: Central Asia

At 11:40 AM 8/29/2001 -0300, you wrote:
Hi all,

A very rich exchange, indeed.  Intriguing to hear a plethora of experience!

Julie -- you wrote...
I spend some of my time mediating with people who are in conflict.  It seems
to me that people in conflict are usually not in touch with truth.

My experience has been that people in conflict -- including myself(!) are quite often beginning to touch their own truth when in conflict!

Judi

Personally I find that when folks are in conflict they are totally connected to the Truth -- their own. Not necessarily a bad thing if space can be provided so that some perspective may be achieved. And the good news about conflict is that somebody cares. No Conflict? Nobody cares! but you do need some space to move about in. which is why, I guess, we do what we do.

ho
Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA
phone 301-469-9269
fax 301-983-9314
Summer Phone 207-763-3261
Summer Address
189 Beaucaire Ave.
Camden, ME 04843
Personal website www.mindspring.com/~owenhh
Open Space Institute website www.openspaceworld.org

Kenoli Oleari, Horizons of Change, http://www.horizonsofchange.com
1801 Fairview Street, Berkeley, CA  94703   Voice Phone: 510-601-8217,
Fax: 510-595-8369, Email: ken...@igc.org (or click on: mailto://ken...@igc.org)