Hi, Ralph --

You asked:
> If you were to conduct an OS training program for 5-10 people, how
would you
set it up, and how much time would you think is required?<

When I designed my current OST learning workshop (which is what I call
training) I analyzed what are the components for knowing how to do OST,
and broke them all apart into clusters of

-what can you learn by reading
-what can you only learn by doing
-what can you learn from handouts
-what can you learn later (as the learning begins before the training
and extends a lifetime after)

...and then I fit the components you can best learn by doing / sharing
with others in my workshop (with handouts and additional information for
accessing future learning all around the room).

Mine fit into a 2.5 day workshop - first evening intros, sharing
thoughts about theory and human behavior change and setting of theme,
next a full day of OS, next a full day of all the things they might wish
to learn before jumping off on their own (with future coaching from me
and OSLIST as they wished of course).

Of course holding an OS without there being a real business / community
issue can make the OS go a bit 'flat', but

1- this provides great nutrition for the next day's discussion plus a
full-body understanding of when / why you *wouldn't* use OS

2- one thing I've just started: whenever possible I invite a small
business or community group to hold a day's retreat for their real
business need *on* our OS training day, just for the cost of catering -
serves both the business and the workshop participants

It all works out either way.

I'd be happy to send you and whomever else wishes it the lesson plan,
and some of the handouts if you desire.

This workshop, by the way, works even if folks have not read "User's
Guide" -- although I nudge them like crazy to read it pre-workshop,
there are always a few who cannot.  Jumping into OS soon in the schedule
makes that work, I think, and everybody is highly motivated to read the
Users Guide right after if they haven't already.  As my method is to use
what they know from their other life experiences as well, this always
seems to work quite richly.

I'd love to see what you develop for your own approach to training -- I
look forward to sharing more between us all on all that.

Let me know what I can send you,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, facilitator, educator