Hi Alexander

Only have had a glance on the huge pile of answers to your question and
aren't through by far but am wondering why none of the German readers here
have told you that there IS a german word equivalent for what you're after:
"Arbeitsfreude" - and I guess 'workjoy' is not so far from 'workhappiness'?

I found a couple of quotes about it also which indicates that many people
have thought about this before...

Here's my favourite:
"Nie ist das menschliche Gemüt heiterer gestimmt, als wenn es seine richtige
Arbeit gefunden hat"  Wilhelm von Humboldt
('The human disposition/mind/soul is never happier than when having found
its proper/right work' - every better translation is welcome!)

A very interesting topic indeed!!!
And I think a lot to do with the change of values and what is called
'Entfremdung' (alienation?).

Keep on with your blissful search!

~ Ilse