Dear Colleagues:

I want to encourage you to both look at the data being collected and to
add your own interviews to the OS Research wiki site.  It is one way to
share your clients perception of what happens with Open Space
Technology.  It is a great way to re-establish connection to previous
clients.  Please check out the site:

http://www.openspaceworld.org/network/wiki.cgi?OpenSpaceResearch

One of the things we might learn from enough answers to the questions
are the kinds of responses people have to OST.

I've been pursing the combined perspectives of Ken Wilbur and Spiral
Dynamics.  I think people (organizations and maybe industries) do have a
"center of gravity" in their developmental consciousness.  There are
patterns (sometimes described as memes).  It is not that people only
have "one" perspective, because we are at many places at the same time,
but there is a place where we are most comfortable - and that changes.
Looking from a "purple" or tribal perspective a person will primarily
see magic that they do not understand.  A "blue" or traditional manager
or organization will tend perceive things in relation to how well it
serves the "hierarchy's" goals - or the goals of the boss or God.  An
"orange" or "modern" organization will look primarily for projects and
results that can be demonstrated.  A "green" perspective focuses on
relationships, crossing boundaries and including diversity.  These
patterns show up in the language the people use to describe their
experience.  They also influence what they "hear" when we talk to them
about OST.

So, from my perspective, gathering client's perspectives on OST and its
impact form different sectors, countries will help our learning.  There
are likely other good uses for the information as well.

I again encourage you to take a look and add some interview data.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada