To: <osl...@listserv.boisestate.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:43 PM
Subject: Keepin' Busy

Paul--

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

<< I don't want my
<< children taught ID, which I regard as a abomination and total
stupidity,
<< nor

Not sure I know what ID is. Besides, I thought I was talking to that
distinguished looking grey-bearded gentleman whose children are probably
all grown, and who would probably be talking about grandchildren by now.
Must have the wrong guy in mind.... <wink>

<< unconditional love and acceptance on all parts of those there.   I've
<< never seen it sustained.  Never experienced it on a sustained basis
<< despite having had some fairly incredible numinous experiences of that
<< state of being, temporarily.

Surprisingly, Buber takes the position that it is not possible to sustain
life and live in this place (which he calls I-Thou). He says I-It is
absolutely necessary and that we need to live moving back and forth between
both places. I am sure I do not fully understand him on this, nor life
itself, but it seems to be true.

So take heart, friend: the numinous experiences may of necessity just have
to be passing. But they lift us to see that they are possible, and when we
to perhaps find it a little faster next time, a little more surely, or to
help another do so.

Perhaps we are the ones history has been waiting for?

                             :-Doug.
                             What wants to happen in your communities?