Hello,

I had one more thought about Open Space after keynotes and presentations ~

An invitation prior to the event goes out much like any invitation for a regular Open Space. The invitation is used to set the tone, initiating and generating thoughts and attention before the presentation or keynote. Asking questions for the group to think about in the invitation leads the group more easily into an Open
Space frame of mind.

In the case of the meeting we just facilitated for bp where presentations and OS were intermingled there was an umbrella invitation, and then sub- invitations for each specific presentation. Here is one presentation invitation of the several sub-
invitations:

You’re Invited...

And the invitation is this...

What thoughts, knowledge, challenges or passion do you have around these questions...

     1.  How much room for improvement do
          we have in terms of quality and
          performance - are there any limits?
     2.  Where is the first, most important
          place to start in improving quality—
          Which "Missed Opportunities" have
          the greatest potential impact for D&C
          as a whole?
3. What are the areas where you could make a significant impact on your day-to-day
          performance, your long-term performance?
     4.  How do we create best practices across D&C Digital?

You’re invited to explore the potential for improving the quality of our performance based decisions through the use of the Technical Limit Process. As a group we'll discuss the need for a change in our coding perspective, a move toward exploiting "Missed Opportunities", the use of offset information and get a first glimpse at the utilities available in OpenWells for capturing non-productive time.

(This invitation also included graphics which can't be sent to the OSLIST.)

So, invitation and circle are 2 foundations for preparing the group to move from a
presentation or keynote into Open Space.

with grace and love,

Zelle

Zelle Nelson
Know Place Like Home/Engaging the Soul@Work/State of Grace Document