At 02:58 AM 10/02/2007, Thomas Herrmann wrote:
The idea was to engage the Universities in this area to design and offer
this training - in cooperation (walk your talk). After having one-to-one
talks with the Universities they were a bit hesitating. Most didnĀ“t really
see a point in cooperating with others...

This is true down-under Thomas - as you suggest - the competition for recruitment of fee-paying students is pretty intense these days - and we have five Universities located in the Perth area...this is not an area where cross-boundary collaboration is frequently seen...often the opposite where each tries to gain some competitive advantage over the others. However, I think that the potential power of Open Space can challenge some of this competitive culture and provide an opportunity to reap the rich benefits of collaboration....one of these universities (benefiting from a recent visit by Larry and Beckie Peterson at the end of last year) is beginning to experience the power of such collaboration within its own boundaries where, for the most part, a silo mentality dominated - maybe, when the fear has been overcome and the benefits are experienced, this will expand further to include others.....that is my hope - methinks that this is also about the 'practice of peace' - becoming excellent in one's field need not be at the expense of diminishing the efforts and gifts of others.
Cheers
Brendan