Dear All,

As a map is not the territory, the real number is likely to be much higher

Greetings from Denmark,

Gerard

On Jul 11, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Michael M Pannwitz wrote:

Dear members of this list,
I am amazed! For more than 5 years
http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/

has been in operation and growing.
Click on MENU at the bottom of the map and then on OPEN SPACE COUNTRIES
a window pops up telling you that there are 132 countries in which os has been used.
There are 71 countries where os practitioners reside.
Presently, there are 444 os workers listed in the map.

Go, have a look at the map, click on your country, see who else is active in your neighborhood, scroll through the MENU, see the stammtische and read what the map is all about and if you are not part of it you are warmly invited to include yourself.

Greetings from Berlin
mmp

Harrison Owen wrote:
I don't know the "percentage" - mostly because I don't have a real number
for the total number of countries. But that is a small point. Michael
Pannwitz has been maintaining the OS Global Map, and I am sure some one has the URL for it. But my memory says that OS has showed up in either 132 or 134 countries. Michael - where are you with the latest count? And if you want another number you could mention that in the 22 years of presence - space has been opened in excess of 100,000 time - well in excess. Harrison
  Harrison Owen
189 Beaucaire Ave
Camden, ME 04843
207-763-3261 (Summer)