Well said, Michael - and something that is great for when we help our clients / hosts understand the meaning (for when they develop the text) of invitation.
Perhaps all great invitations can have this as their value:
"I am going, because it matters. Come with me. We need you."

Lisa

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space