Jeff & Jake,
I’ve also done these mini open spaces.  With greater and lesser success.  When
I have times much smaller than 2 hours I tend to think of using Lean Coffee as
a form of (Open Space Light).  Because of the amount of basic opening and
closing overhead build into Open Space is not justified as a percentage of the
overall time available. I want to get folks interacting.  Not listing to
someone set things up.

With Lean Coffee, If I have a larger group (20 and more), then breaking the
group down into groups of less than 20 or so seems to be important for Lean
Coffee.  Also a Table or wall is helpful with Lean Coffee to post topics.

--Tom Brown
tgb...@gmail.com