Mark,

I'd like to move away from the /position/ ("certification, yes or no"
has been discussed a lot) and towards the /need/ that you seem to see -
the need that would be fulfilled by certification, in your opinion. So,
I'm truly interested in a few things:

  * What burning need of the community isn't fulfilled yet, one that you
    can describe without even mentioning "certification", because it is
    an underlying need?
  * Which alternatives to fulfill that need can you think of, in case
    people aren't too fond of a call to a certification debate?

At the moment, I'm struggling with spotting such a need, and I attribute
that to not being in your shoes.

Best,
Rolf

https://www.pragmatic-teams.com | https://www.pragmatic-teams.de