On Monday, 11 March 2019 19:03:50 UTC+1, limom...@gmail.com wrote:

> I was happy to find Osmand as a great navigation software. Worked well for
> hiking with gpx tracks.
> But using tracks for the motorbike is a hassle. If I miss for several
> reasons a waypoint, it wants me allways to make a U-turn.
> Is there any solution that a waypoint can be ignored?
> Or maybe making the waypoint larger so it canĀ“t get missed?
> I use open street maps. Maybe it helps to use another map?
> Would it help to have more waypoints in the track?

Even when navigating along the gpx, you can simply ignore the instructions
and the navigation will sooner or later recalculate the remaining part of
the route. Did you set OsmAnd as navigation software (in the navigation
settings)? Even if you want to use predefined gpx routes only, set it up to
allow for re-calculating.

What version of OsmAnd are you using? I did use the navigation along the
gpx route in the past, but it is much easier and simpler to use the gpx
just for setting the waypoints and leave the app do the navigating. With
few exceptions (closed roads with conditional access), there isn't much
reason for me to "force" an exact route. With the correct settings, I get
almost always exactly the route I would choose for myself.

For me, the way to go would be less waypoints, not more, and leaving the
app to navigate from waypoint to waypoint for the remaining ones. If you
can ignore a waypoint when you missed it, it can be almost always left out
from the route completely (leaving it to the navigation, if you go through
or not).
Just as a note - I stopped using gpx route for navigation for hiking,
bicycle and for car. With correct settings for each navigation mode, it was
simply not necessary.