On Tuesday, 19 March 2019 12:06:30 UTC+1, pap...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> OsmAnd runs very slow at my old jelly beans phone. I will buy a new one.
> How much RAM and storage and how many cores with which frequency is needed
> to achieve a good performance for OsmAnd?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Klaus

It is difficult to say without describing your exact use. Using roads only
maps? Using detailed maps? Using both (not recommended)? Using several
regions or one only? Navigating by car long routes, navigating by bike or
pedestrian routes more or less locally?

If you have to prioritise, go for more RAM. I have Redmi Note 4X with 4 GB
RAM and OsmAnd is working fine for me, my father has Redmi 4x with 3 GB RAM
and is using OsmAnd without problems as well. He might not have as much
future-proofing built in, but I suspect the phone will give up sooner than
OsmAnd will outgrow it for his usage.

The big step up for me was going from 500 MB RAM up - this became
unmaintainable even with all the workarounds I have employed to keep it
going. But I did keep OsmAnd alive longer on this then was reasonable for
at least a year, maybe longer :)
And don't forget to think about space for the maps - they are growing in
size constantly, if you cannot/will not use SD card, it can easily be the
limiting factor as well (dual SIM phones sometimes use either second SIM or
SD card, not both at the same time). Look for the size of the region you
want to keep on you at all times, multiply by 2 or 3 to have reasonable
reserve. Just saying when I hear you were using jelly beans phone and I
suspect you will probably want to keep the new phone again for a long time.

Majka