On 23/05/2019 13:26, Majka wrote:

On Thursday, 23 May 2019 11:01:56 UTC+2, mikael wrote:

    I added permission to storage. Maybe I'm using it wrong - does it
    work only with offline maps? Or should it download the displayed
    area automatically as in google maps?

What device do you use?
I'm using quite old Nexus 5 which doesn't have latest android. There is no option to enable/disable network so I'm assuming it's allowed. Atleast all other apps work.

On xiaomi devices, for example, you have permit the access to network (wifi and/or cellular). If the device doesn't ask for it, you have to add it manually. The same for the storage permission in some cases. If you cannot see any map, I suspect you don't have the permission to network. The app tries, but nothing comes back...

There are two different maps - downloaded through the app, and online ones for some providers. The online ones can be cached (move the map around, let download everything you might need and you have it there for the future). Not sure which one you are trying to see.
I'm trying to use the default view, scroll around the map and it would load new map data real time. Just as with google maps.

Majka
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Osmand" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/osmand/UvpafKlHSSQ/unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to osmand+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:osmand+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/osmand/1d34c341-4af4-45fb-80be-9a9e442b0e20%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/osmand/1d34c341-4af4-45fb-80be-9a9e442b0e20%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Lingsoft - 30 years of Leading Language Management

www.lingsoft.fi

Speech Applications - Language Management - Translation - Reader's and Writer's
Tools - Text Tools - E-books and M-books

Mikael Pesonen
System Engineer

e-mail: mikael.peso...@lingsoft.fi
Tel. +358 2 279 3300