On Tuesday, 27 August 2019 21:44:23 UTC+2, J Albrecht wrote:

> Same thing happened to me last week! Something “ate” my external micro SD
> card and rendered it totally useless on my phone. It's completely
> inaccessible. However, when put into a card reader, I can access the
> contents on my Macbook without a problem.

This one is different. I suspect just the "access" to the SD card in the
phone is corrupted (the phone is simply not seeing it correctly). There
might be a partial solution - copy the contents to the Macbook, format the
SD card in the phone, and copy the data back (the individual directories,
not the whole lot). I wouldn't do it, there might be something wrong with
the SD card and it might be time to replace it to avoid a real data
corruption.