On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 12:38:16AM -0700, Skyler Hawthorne wrote:
Never mind, I found the sign you are talking about. You have a good eye! No wonder I've never seen it before. I changed all the access back to private.

Indeed: switching on "private access" is the only thing you can do.

That actually does not fix the problem. Otherwise I would not have bothered making this thread ;)

It could be the fact that all the way's inside the park are tagged highway=service.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dservice

highway=service is used for items such as driveways, but also for items such as the ways within parking lots of fuel stations.

Normally, when planning a route, one does not want the router planning routes that traverse various parking lots, fuel stations, etc., on the way to the destination. So is it possible that the routing engines do not take into account connections that would otherwise be available via highway=service tagged ways (in order to avoid routing through parking lots, fuel stations, etc., when computing a route)?

If this is true, then both OsmAnd's local router and the online routers would both be avoiding finding routes within this park because of the highway=service tags on the roads.

Note, I'm not making a claim that highway=service for these roads is incorrect, or correct, just that being highway=service is the next possibility to consider for why the routing engines seem to not want to use these ways to complete a route.