"Skyler Hawthorne" <skylerhawtho...@gmail.com> writes:

>> I said this before, but:
>>
>>   It seems in this area that many routers are having trouble, and osmand
>>   is known to do ok with terminal private segments when private access
>>   is enabled.
>>
>>   Therefore i think it is far more likely that there is something wrong
>>   with the OSM data, than that osmand has a bug which produces the
>>   observed behavior.
>
> Sorry, perhaps I could have made this clearer, but in that particular
> message you're quoting, I was talking about the case I found
> navigating to the movie theater. No roads leading up to the theater
> are private, so I don't think access has anything to do with why it's
> routing like it is in my screenshot.

Sorry from me too - I lost track.   I do believe that osmand could have
bugs.

Until the cause of any problem is found, we don't know and are just
guessing.  So my bias is to try to figure it out and assume as little as
possible.

>> I did run the JOSM validator on the trailer park data.  It found a few
>> things, but they were minor and I uploaded fixes.  The only notable one
>> was overlapping ways for the entrance/exit roads, that I think you
>> introduced - and I fixed them.  To be fair, there are lots of relations
>> to give names to multi-way roads, and this is more complicated than is
>> typical.  (I am of the opinion, perhaps wrong, that using editors other
>> than josm to deal with relations is asking for trouble.)
>
> Oh interesting. If you'd be so inclined, I'd love it if you could send
> me a private email that lets me know what the issues were so I can
> avoid them in the future!

It could be that the double ways predated your edits and one of them
just had your fingerprints on it :-)  Sure, I'll send you more details
offline.