Hello,
You can create a POI category for water points, unfortunately
it's quite hidden (as many osmand features). I just made a video showing
how to create it : https://youtu.be/FSCL8xe4L8Y

Many potentially drinkable water are not classified as drinking water, but
as long as you have a water filter (such as lifestraw)  you don't mind much
about it.  For my last  trekking I created one poi category with:
- drinking water, water springs, water well, and even watering places
(abreuvoir)
Finally, I enabled the osm editing plugin, and every time I found a spring
or water fountain I added it so that other people can find it in the future
(you can even create a quick action for that)
You can also click in the POI, go to details and you will have a link to
osmand with all the labels, and if specified you will have the "seasonal"
tag.
Best regards
.