P.P.S. You need an internet connection to see the map legend!
https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd/issues/9681

It's not even cached.

This is clearly bad for an app designed for offline use, but there must be
a technical difficulty - the issue is only tagged as "nice to have" rather
than being scheduled to be fixed.