Hi Folks,

*Background*
With Michal breathing some life into the Osmosis project again it's great
to see the recent PR activity.

In my years maintaining the project, there were a number of things that
made reviewing and incorporating PRs tedious from my side.  I made many
little changes over time to make this easier, not least of which were the
docker-based build/tests and Travis CI to allow anybody to verify their
changes.

But one area that was always a pain was keeping the documentation up to
date.  Contributors were hesitant to make changes to the wiki until changes
were approved and I often found it easier to make the changes myself than
to chase people.  A number of the current pending PRs will require
documentation changes.

I think it would be easier to maintain if the docs were maintained
alongside the code itself in Git.  Putting the docs on the OSM wiki made
sense at the time, but times and tooling have changed.

*Proposal*
Would anybody object to the docs being served out of GitHub?  I have done
an automatic conversion of the Mediawiki markup to Asciidoc and checked it
into a branch to see what it looks like:
https://github.com/brettch/osmosis/blob/markdown-doc/usage.adoc

*Options*
I initially tried Markdown but the lack of support for auto-generating a
table of contents makes it far from ideal.  Asciidoc syntax _does_ support
a table of contents.

The doc is currently one huge file (same as the wiki page) but it can be
split into multiple files (I'd suggest one per module/plugin).  While this
would help reduce the need for a table of contents I still think it's
useful.

The current asciidoc file is a bit messy and uses what I find to be weird
heading syntax but that can be cleaned up if this is a good path forward.

Thoughts?
Brett