Hi,

A point-to-point link type is included twice in a Router-LSA.

1) As Link Type = 1 (p2p), with neighboring router's RID as Link ID. This
happens when the adjacency status is FULL.

2) As Link Type = 3 (stub), with IP subnet address as Link ID. This happens
when the interface state is point-to-point, regardless of the status of
adjacency.

I found out that if a point-to-point link is used as passive-interface, then
adjacency will not be formed. Hence, link type = 1 advertizement will be
absent. However, a link type = 3 advertizement of such a link makes it
reachable.

Please share more examples where it helps to advertize a p2p link type in two
ways. My intention is to understand the need for having two types of
advertizements for the same p2p link.

Thank you.

Best wishes
Suketu Soni