Hi,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 02:28:39PM +0100, Yves Bolognini wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> We have elevation data in our source graph. Each vertex has elevation
> information ("ele" key in OSM-like data). We'd like to have this info
> in OSRM result in order to display profile.

My understanding would be that you need to put this into some tag OSRM
stores the hsrm file and shows it in the JSON e.g. name.

I do something like the following:

  if speed_profile[highway] ~= nil then
        way.speed=speed_profile[highway]
        way.name=table.concat({way.id,highway,way.name,way.ref},"|")
  end

So i get way.id, highway type, name and ref ...

> What are the chances that elevation data will be available one day in
> the output?
> What do you estimate regarding the complexity to implement it?
> Would a contribution for this feature be considered?

From using elevation data i would expect to have elevation on nodes
and if adjacent nodes have different elevation, you would need to split
the way and make it 2 oneways with different costs.

Uphill more expensive than downhill.

Or is it just you'd like to show elevation data in the output?

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de