Hi,

I am calculating a route with OSRM on my dataset of a city in 2020. I want
to try if I can do exactly the same route on an older dataset of the same
city (e.g in 2014). At the moment I am computing the route in 2020 and
extracting the nodes of the fastest route. I check which of the nodes did
not exist back in 2014 with Overpass and delete those from the list of
nodes which i have to visit. Now the list of nodes gets converted to their
respective coordinates in 2014. However, when I want to route over all the
segments in order (by iteratively routing segments between those nodes in
OSRM), I sometimes get loops, which I can't seem to prevent because a node
in 2020 and 2014 might exist, but might not be exactly on a road in 2014
(screenshot of an example attached).

Maybe someone worked on something similar before and got an idea how to
solve this, i'd appreciate it!

Best regards
Martin