Hi Dimitri,

A few things to check:

-Go to /var/ossec/logs/active-responses.log on the agent side and confirm that
the active response is not working. The timeout is specified to 10 minutes, so
after that time the IP will be unblocked. If there is entries in
there, it is because it is
working...

-If there is no entries in the above log file, run the active response
manually and see
if it works (agent side again):

# /var/ossec/active-response/bin/firewall-drop.sh add <user> <ip>

-Make sure there is no connection errors on ossec.log and that this agent id
is correct...

Hope it helps.

--
Daniel B. Cid