On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:15 PM, dan (ddp) <ddp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Billy McCarthy <bi...@tripitinc.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:45 AM, dan (ddp) <ddp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Billy,

> but
> >> >

> >> It appears you've got the client/agent RPMs installed on the manager.
> >> There appears to be an ossec-hids-server RPM available.
> >
> > I did have the ossec-hids-server package installed, though I've since
> > removed the packages on that machine and just installed via the tarball.
> > Still not able to get the client to connect.  I've tried setting up new
> > keys, and have turned on all of the debugging I can find, with no luck.
> > can see traffic with tcpdump and have verified that iptables isn't
> blocking
> > anything.
> >

> Is ossec-remoted running on the manager?
> After adding the agent through the manage_agents application, did you
> restart the OSSEC processes on the manager?
> Are there any error messages on the manager that might be useful in
> troubleshooting this?

Remoted is definitely running on the manager and i've restarted all of the
ossec process on that machine a few times.  No error messages on the
manager.  I even tried killing remoted and starting up with '-f -d' options
and didn't see anything at all, despite being able to see traffic on that
machine arriving at port 1514.

I've removed the packages from the client machine and have reinstalled via
the tarball.  I have also tried running remoted on 514, instead of 1514.

--
Billy McCarthy
Site Operations Engineer