I had two servers that were exhibiting this behavior (ossec-analysisd using
99% CPU resulting in agents disconnecting).  They were both running CentOS
5.5 and I had verified that rebooting the server didn't help.  As soon as
CentOS 5.6 became available, I upgraded and rebooted, and have not seen this
issue since.  This could have been a bad interaction with the kernel or some
other part of the OS that has been fixed now.

For anybody else who has experienced this, were you running CentOS/RHEL 5.5?
 Can you try updating to 5.6 and see if that helps?

Thanks,
Doug