I was referring to syscheck ignore entry, but if I can do it either ways
that will be nice.

Here is what I have:

<ignore type="sregex"> logs|work|</ignore>

Is this entry correctly instructs syscheck to ignore the directories logs
and work?

Yes I had rule 554 in ossec_rules.xml set to level "7".

<rule id="554" level="7">
    <category>ossec</category>
    <decoded_as>syscheck_new_entry</decoded_as>
    <description>File added to the system.</description>
    <group>syscheck,</group>
  </rule>

Do I need to do anything on the agent side? in The meanwhile I will be
testing this again.

Thank you
Abdellah