Von: ossec-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:ossec-list@googlegroups.com] Im
Auftrag von Gaurav Rajput
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. März 2014 21:38
An: ossec-list@googlegroups.com
Betreff: [ossec-list] ossec with nagios

Hi,

I have an ossec-server along with a nagios-server. All i want, is to monitor
the ossec-remoted from nagios. But the main problem is that, "ossec-remoted"
uses UDP protocol, so it never echoes back. So how would I ensure that my
ossec-server is up and running (with or without using nagios) ?

Also, i tried nagios-plugin "check_udp", but, while tackling the UDP, we must
pass the "send string" and "expect string" as parameters to this command. I
couldn't find any way to do this. I tried "netcat" too but its not giving me
the desired result (as it was echoing the same thing for all UDP ports
[0-65535]). So is there any specific string that i can send and receive some
expected string ? ( I don't have enough time to open the code right now ).

Thanks.