Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind keeping the GUI around. The problem is
the GUI creates a huge code base that isn't really well designed IMO and is
semi-buggy. There are enough problems on the Windows side already at the
core of what OSSEC does. I'd rather put the focus there than on some
novelty GUI.

If someone wanted to step up and take over the GUI I'd love that but
unfortunately we aren't getting many volunteers. Even if someone were to
take over the project I would imagine they would want to start over from
the ground up so getting rid of what is there now will probably just save
that person time. There isn't a lot of code with the GUI now that I would
reuse.