On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Mario d'Aniello <diablo85...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, i'm currently  using ossec-hids-2.8.1 and still have this problem in
> the exact path (/opt/ossec/).
> I try to change LOCATION file but still don't work.... any ideas?

Nothing is different between your issue and this 3 year old thread?

I don't have any issues with manage_agents.
My basic steps were:
edit src/LOCATION to be:
DIR="/opt/ossec"

Then ran:
make setagent
make all
make build

Finally I uncommented the USER_BINARYINSTALL line in
etc/preloaded-vars.conf (and USER_NO_STOP).
Running the install.sh script I still had to answer the type of
installation question, but answering agent was sufficient.
"/opt/ossec" was prepopulated.

After a few enters, stuff was installed

Running /opt/ossec/bin/manage_agents provided no errors.

Running the other binaries however appeared to be an issue.