so, does this mean it is also possible to disable it with the above
mentioned syntax in the ossec.conf on the agent?

sorry for double-checking and the stupid question, but I haven't found it
in the official docs:

Active-reponse options are available in the the following installation
> types:
>
>    - server
>    - local

the <disable>yes</disable> tag is one of those options, right?!

and shouldn't there also be a log entry in the ossec.conf, something like
this
ossec-execd(1350): INFO: Active response disabled. Exiting.

after restarting the agent?
i haven't found this log entry after disabling it in the ossec.conf on the
agent and restarted this agent afterwards.