On Apr 5, 2016 12:03 PM, "Alexandre Laquerre" <laquerre.alexan...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi ,
> I have created a gmail account which may make it easier anyway. So i
noticed that when i updated the server 2.8.3 everything seem to be good
however now the agents are almost all disconnected then 20 minutes later
they are all basically 50 /50.

> I am getting a lot of duplicates issues or invalid ID. When considering
that we have around 2-3k agents what would be the best solution ?

Try upgrading an agent thatcurrently has issues to 2.8.3 to see if the
issues continue. Using mismatched versions isn't really supported.

> Thank you,
>

> On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 9:21:18 AM UTC-4, Alexandre LAQUERRE wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I have been using Ossec for quite a while and we decided to upgrade the
version (2.7.1) to 2.8.3 and that was relatively successful except for the
fact that it pulled a number on my Ossec.conf by creating indent problems
and adding open brackets in the wrong area but anyway it works. My issue is
that for the moment our client will not update the OSSEC agents and wish to
keep the 2.7.1 , I have not seen any documentation that would indicate a
compatibility issue however I noticed that no matter what I do , the agents
will end up disconnecting. They will start out all active and then after 20
minutes or so they will all be disconnected except for a small minority.

>> When I performed the install I have set the maximum number of agents to
4096 because the client has about … I would say close to 3000 agents,
furthermore the installation did go well however I suspect that the
agent.conf file in the shared folder got messed up due to this update being
very significant. I have been working on this issue for at least three days
and I am no longer certain where to look.

>> I would like to specify that I have already tried to erase the RIDS
while Ossec Is stop (server) and when I start it back up again the same
issue occurs. Now I am hoping the solution will not be to erase the rids
from the client as it would be a long process for our customer.